Sorbic acid as a white needle crystal or powder, slightly soluble in water, soluble in various organic solvents. The FAO and WHO recommended safe and efficient preservative, widely used in food, beverages, tobacco, pesticides, cosmetics, agricultural, and other industries. As the unsaturated acid can also be used for resins, spices and rubber industry.
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Heat Stability||Not change in color after heating for 90 minutes at 105℃|
|Odor||Slight characteristic odor|
|Melting Range (℃)||132-135|
|Residue on Ignition||=<0.2%|
|Aldehydes (as Formaldehyde)||0.1% Max|
|Lead (Pb)||=<5 mg/kg|
|Arsenic (As)||=<2 mg/kg|
|Mercury (Hg)||=<1 mg/kg|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||=<10 mg/kg|
Sorbic acid can effectively inhibit mold, yeast and aerobic bacteria activity, but also to prevent botulism, staphylococcus, salmonella and other harmful micro-organisms grow and reproduce, Sorbic acid can effectively inhibit mold, yeast and aerobic bacteria activity, but also to prevent botulism, staphylococcus, salmonella and other harmful micro-organisms grow and reproduce, but the Sorbic acid spores of anaerobic bacteria and Lactobacillus acidophilus and other beneficial micro-organisms is almost ineffective, its role in curbing the development of more than sterilization, so Sorbic acid as to achieve effectively extend the shelf life of food, and keep the original flavor of food. The preservative effect is of similar products is 5-10 times sodium benzoate. The main features of 1 mold with good results. Sorbic acid was significantly higher than the mold and acid salts,E200 s antifungal effect is 5-10 times sodium benzoate. Sorbic acid dosage is generally 0.2 to 1.0 g / kg.
(2) products of low toxicity, high safety. Sorbic acid side effects just benzoate 1 / 4 salt 1 /
2. E200-110-44-1 in the human bodys range of safe use: Use daily per kilogram of body weight does not exceed 25 mg.
3. does not change food characteristics. Sorbic acid is an unsaturated fatty acid, into the body, involved in human metabolic processes, metabolic product was carbon dioxide and water. Therefore, Sorbic acid can be seen as part of the food, in food applications, will not undermine food color, smell, taste and nutrients.
4. A wide range of applications. Sorbic acid can be used in beverages, wine, spices, meat, aquatic products, pickles and other food preservation among, and for fresh fruit is also effective.
5. Easy to use. In the use of Sorbic acid, you can directly add, you can spray or dipping. It is because of its use of flexible features, so, FAO, WHO, the United States, Britain, Japan and China, and Southeast Asian countries, have recommended a variety of E200 as a food preservative. Sorbic acid Safe preservatives Sorbic acid is an unsaturated fatty acid, the English called Sorbic acid, also known as 2,4 – has two acid, 2 – propenyl acrylate. Like other natural fatty acid, sorbic acid metabolism in the human body involved in the process, and is digested and absorbed, carbon dioxide and water. In terms of safety, Sorbic acid is an internationally recognized safe (GRAS) preservative, security is very high. FAO, WHO, U.S. FDA have affirmed their security. Sorbic acid side effects than the acid, vitamin C and salt but also low toxicity of benzoic acid is only 1 / 4 salt of the half. Sorbic acid on the human body does not produce carcinogenic and teratogenic effects. Because Sorbic acid is not very high solubility in water, affecting its application in food. Therefore, food additive producers often Sorbic acid made a good solubility potassium sorbate, E200 products to expand the scope of application.