Soy silky protein is mainly composed of soy protein isolate, soy protein concentrate, soy flour, wheat protein isolate, soybean meal, starch and gluten, etc. The main factor that affects the taste and quality of soy silky protein is the content of soy protein isolate:
(1) If the protein content in the raw material is less than 60%, there is no drawing effect, and the product is a tissue protein, which is suitable for simple products with lower taste requirements;
(2) The protein content in the raw material is 61%-62%, and the product is cost-effective, suitable for hot dog products; the protein content in the raw material is 66%-67%, and its cost is relatively high, which is suitable for snack food;
(3) The protein content in the raw materials is higher than 70%, the cost price is extremely high, the texture and flavor are good, and it is suitable for high-end foods with special requirements.
The soy silk protein is classified according to the structure and taste, and the specific types are thin silk type, soft silk type, smooth silk type, hard silk type, thick silk type and astringent silk type. According to the internal structure of the product, different application fields can be developed:
(1) The internal structure is fine silk, soft silk, smooth silk type, and the texture and taste of the soy brushed protein are more delicate. It is suitable for snack foods with delicate meat flavor such as chicken;
(2) The internal structure is thick silk, hard silk, astringent silk, and the soy silk protein with strong fibrous feeling is suitable for beef and other snack foods with rough meat flavor.
At the same time, the type and content of soy protein isolate and the type and content of wheat protein isolate have a great influence on the taste of the final product. The better the raw material of soy protein isolate, the higher the proportion of the total raw material, the closer the chewiness of the product will be. The fiber of meat, and the lower the grade of wheat protein isolate, the more the proportion of the total raw material, the harder the chewing feeling of the product and the lower acceptability.